MAYO CLINIC PLATFORM_ACCELERATE
Applications for the July cohort are now closed.
Stay tuned for information about the Fall cohort.
Helping Innovative Startups Get Market Ready
Mayo Clinic Platform firmly believes that health tech startups are key to sparking life-changing innovations, which is why we developed Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate—a 20-week program that helps early-stage health tech AI startups get market-ready.
We Invest in Companies to Drive Success
Each company will receive a $200,000-benefit package that includes access to Mayo's rich de-identified datasets, validation frameworks, clinical workflow planning, and mentorship. As part of this in-kind investment, Mayo Clinic Platform will take an equity position in your startup based on your most recent valuation or a convertible note or SAFE.
Who Can Apply
- If you have an innovative AI model that is deployed or ready to be deployed and have a product-market fit, Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate is right for you.
How It Works
- Apply to the Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate program with details about your company, your minimum viable product (MVP), progress, etc.
- A panel of Mayo Clinic leaders with clinical and operational expertise, led by John Halamka, MD., President of Mayo Clinic Platform, will review your application.
- If you are selected, you will be invited for an interview with the panel.
- Finalists will be selected by the panel and notified thereafter.
- Mayo Clinic Platform will send you the curriculum and details about the program.
What It Offers
Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate offers startups a disciplined focus on model evaluation and clinical readiness. With our program, you will:
- access rich, de-identified datasets to help you gain meaningful insights about your model.
- benefit from Mayo Clinic Platform products and services that support model evaluation.
- work with and get guidance from experts in regulatory, clinical, technology, and business domains.
- explore opportunities for workflow integration and clinical collaboration for research trials, access thought leadership, peer-reviewed publications and more.
- advance your go-to-market timelines.
- receive a certificate upon completion of the program recognizing your accomplishments.
Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate is designed to help you establish greater credibility and give you a powerful advantage.
Are You a VC With Promising Portfolio Companies?
Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate might be just what your portfolio companies need to go from Minimally Viable Product to Most Valuable Product.
We’d love to connect and discuss details.
- Gain key insights from world-class clinical and research leaders at Mayo Clinic
- Walk away with a robust understanding of products that can deliver meaningful clinical use in care delivery
- Participate in design sprints that will advance your knowledge of seamless product integration into clinical workflow
- Attend in-person for the launch of the program, mid-point check-in, and for Demo Day/graduation week
Review: Model Review
- Distill down your model to delineate key model requirements with data science experts.
- Check for fairness and bias in you AI models with Mayo Clinic Platform proprietary tools and frameworks.
- Get a robust understanding of FDA Clearance pathways for AI as a medical device from Mayo Clinic’s regulatory team.
Assess: Plan Clinical Integration
Enable you to design a clinical integration plan by providing best practices and educational sessions on:
- Product design and User Experience
- Regulatory Guidance for Software as a Medical Device
- Best Practices for Model Integration in the EMR Clinical Workflow
Market areas of interest
Early Cancer Risk, Detection & Prognosis
Hospital at Home
Clinical Trial Optimization
Early Disease Risk & Detection (non-Cancer)
Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate is in session.
Four AI startups are participating in the inaugural cohort of Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate. Meet the companies and learn how they plan to transform care.
Predicting patient harm before it occurs? That’s exactly what Quadrant Health aims to do with AI and the expertise of Mayo Clinic Platform.
Cliexa is ready to tackle cardiovascular risks. The team is using AI and the expertise of Mayo Clinic Platform to find innovative ways to solve this massive problem.
ScienceIO is using AI and Mayo Clinic Platform’s tools and technologies to make health care more transparent, connected, and equitable.
Predicting seizures before they happen. Seer, a medical device company from Melbourne, Australia, is doing just that with AI and the expertise of Mayo Clinic Platform.