Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate
Helping innovative startups get market ready
Mayo Clinic Platform firmly believes that health tech startups are key to sparking life-changing innovations, which is why we developed Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate—a 30-week program that helps early-stage health tech AI startups get market ready.
We invest in companies to drive success
Each company will receive an in-kind benefits package that includes access to Mayo Clinic's rich, de-identified data sets, validation frameworks, clinical workflow planning, and mentorship.
Who can apply
If you are an early-to growth-stage company with an innovative proof-of-concept, Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate is for you.
How it works
Apply to the Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate program with details about your company, your minimum viable product, progress, etc.
2. A panel of Mayo Clinic leaders with clinical and operational expertise, led by John Halamka, M.D., M.S., President of Mayo Clinic Platform, will review your application.
3. If you are selected, you will be invited for an interview with the panel.
4. Finalists will be selected by the panel and notified thereafter.
What it offers
Mayo Clinic Platform_ Accelerate offers startups a disciplined focus on model evaluation and clinical readiness.
With our program, you will:
- Access rich, de-identified Mayo Clinic data sets to help you gain meaningful insights about your model.
- Use Mayo Clinic Platform products and services that support model evaluation.
- Get guidance from leaders in regulatory, clinical, technology, and business domains through curated educational sessions.
- Benefit from one-on-one mentorship with a clinical expert throughout the 30 weeks.
Develop, enhance, and test your AI model with Mayo Clinic Platform’s rich, de-identified data sets
Gain key insights from world-class clinical and research leaders at Mayo Clinic
Walk away with a robust understanding of products that can deliver meaningful clinical use in care delivery
Attend the program launch, the company showcase, and graduation week in person
Market areas of interest
Early disease risk & detection (non-cancer)
Review: Model review
- Distill down your model to delineate key model requirements with data science experts
- Check for fairness and bias in your AI models with Mayo Clinic Platform proprietary tools and frameworks
- Get a robust understanding of FDA clearance pathways for AI as a Medical Device from Mayo Clinic’s regulatory team
Access: Model evaluation
- Conduct model evaluation with guidance from data science experts
- Build analytic evaluation summaries using Mayo Clinic best practices
Assess: Plan clinical integration
Design a clinical integration plan using Mayo Clinic best practices and educational sessions on:
- Product design and user experience
- Regulatory guidance for Software as a Medical Device
- Best practices for integrating models into the EMR clinical workflow